Sunday 6 April 2014

6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

6) Technologies by jodieeb10 on GoAnimate



From the process of constructing my music magazine, I have learnt about technologies which include Photoshop in particular.
Tools I used on Photoshop included the text tool, the brush tool (which I also chose various brushes to do certain parts, like the background colour of the pull quotes on my double page spread), the liquify tool which helped to mould certain areas of my photos when I edited them. Many other tools were also used, such as the lasso tool and the healing brush tool. Almost every tool was used in the making of my magazine as it was a long process which needed to present a great final product.
I used a Nikon camera to take the photos in the college green room and was fairly experienced with taking the correct photos because of tasks beforehand such as the preliminary task.
I went on the website DaFont.com to help pick the fonts for my front cover, contents page and double page spread but found it easier and more beneficial just using the fonts that Photoshop offer.
Publisher helped me when making google mock ups of how I wanted the structure of my magazine to look. I basically made a magazine on Publisher which helped me when it came to piecing a full magazine together on Photoshop.




The process of editing an image became easier as I went along and despite it taking so long, I managed to perfect the background colouring using only the lasso tool and a white paintbrush.


The colouring of hair was a short process which included the lasso tool and also changing the opacity of the colour to see which percentage made it seem the most realistic. On this image I also used the liquify tool just to show what it does. 





Number two by jodieeb10 on GoAnimate


 Double page spread photo edit:


Peer feedback:







No comments:

Post a Comment