Sunday 22 December 2013

First Front Cover Draft

This is my first front cover draft which I created after the research process of music magazines. I went with the many typical magazine front cover conventions as I wanted my first draft to look as professional as possible but still be able to improve and become more adventurous with the layout/font when continuing with a second draft. I chose to go with a simple layout which proved quite effective as my first draft. 
The layout of my magazine front cover was chose after various research of other music magazine front covers. I wanted the text to fit around the cover photo so that it wouldn't cover too much of it and therefore I kept to a specific font. Each different piece of text was typed in the same font which was Bookman Old Style as I felt it looked more appropriate and less amateur. The masthead is larger overall with a font of 130 as it needs to stand out and grab attention.
The colour scheme I chose was blue, white and black which I thought was basic but still very effective as it doesn't make the front cover look messy. A fault with the black text is that it is slightly difficult to read when placed over my model's black top and will therefore need to be changed.
Overall, I feel this firsts draft has enabled me to understand how to construct a magazine front cover correctly and will help me go on to develop a second draft. 





No comments:

Post a Comment